Friday, April 4, 2014

You Tube Paid for my new Car!!

I spend enough time on forums writing about how I make money on YouTube, I thought it's about time I started blogging about it. Especially as this week I took delivery of my new car, funded entirely through my Youtube earnings. 

OK, so it's not a Mercedes or Ferrari, but it's brand new, parked on my drive right now and I love it :o)


I am still somewhat bemused that I can earn money in my spare time with this rather enjoyable pass time of creating animated videos, but hey ho!


My journey into making money online began back in 2009, when chatting to a friend I came across a company called Sitesell, and started to build my own website  called Great happy Birthday Ideas. It wasn't until July 2010, after much learning and writing, I made my first 19p from the Google Adsense program, woohoo, how happy was I!!

Shortly after I started to upload little video birthday greetings to YouTube, simply as a way of promoting my website and bringing in some extra traffic. The following year I had an email from YouTube telling me my videos were doing well (We're they? I'd actually forgotten about them!) and would I like to come a YouTube partner and monetize them with the google adsense program. I followed the links and signed up, not really sure what they were talking about.

And look what happened next...


Now the first thing you'll notice is that it's not a reliable source of income, and I would not like to have to rely on it to pay the mortgage. But an income it is, I don't know how long it will last, or whether it will increase or decrease.

The purpose of this blog is to explain how I do it, if others can have some success from my experiences that that's great, I want to give something back. 

Every month I will publish my earnings, and tell you what I've been up to, what I've been trying, what worked and what didn't, along with any good websites I come across in the process.

Oh yes, and here's my channel here (Great Birthday ideas), I nearly forgot to tell you that lol.

I'd love to hear your comments, please feel free to leave below :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment