Friday, April 4, 2014

February Youtube Earnings

Here's  my official earnings for February 2014, and before any-one asks, yes they are all declared to the taxman :-)

Total Adsense $824.62

$648.81 You Tube Video Songs Adsense earnings (276681 minutes watched)
$175.81 Website Adsense earnings

Snap Shot of Youtube Performance Analysis  Feb 2014


So in summary Youtube was up from January and the website was slightly down, but an overall increase in earnings of $67,which is  nearly 10%. I would like that improvement each month, which it needs to be if I'm going to hit the target of $12000 I've set for my self in 2014! (At the time of writing only $9971.19 to go!)


What did I do this month?

I have done a lot of keyword research over the last month, and now have a long list to work on. However I think it's the 'shareability' of the video that's actually more important, than keywords.
I had my most successful video launch this month, with Grumpy Cat making 15,000 views in the first week and $10.54.




  • I completed the youtube creator academy and learned that audience retention rate (how long some-one watches you video for) and minutes watches are actually more important than views. Apparently videos with a retention rate above 60% are favored by You tube  and will promote channels that have good audience retention rates, something to bear in mind when creating new videos.
  •  
  • I've deleted some videos that had a low retention rate (people watched less than 40% of the video), which has altered my overall retention rate from 63 to 69% very quickly.
  • I made contact with a local company called 2 Yards Media who run Google+ courses, as I really don't understand Google+ but think it's probably quite important, and he's running one in May, so I hope to attend that and understand what circles and hangouts are.
  • I spent some time looking at analytics and learnt that some keywords are much more valuable that others, talking tom video grosses $1.23 per 1000 views, whilst others, Donkey for example,  are much higher like $7 - guess which ones are worth promoting more!

Something weird happened this week, my face book page went viral in Iran, with 20,000 new likes over 5 days, no idea why, but it has increased the traffic to my website a fair bit so I think March will look pretty good.

Objectives for this month

  • Create new You tube content from what I already have without spending anything extra
  • Be active daily on Facebook and twitter


No comments:

Post a Comment