Thursday, May 15, 2014

April 2014 Earnings from my best Youtube Videos

Not a great month as earnings were a little down to $742.48 from $788.77

April 2014 Youtube earnings

The biggest reason for this drop is the decline of one of my best youtube videos. In March the video had 180,000 views and grossed $124, but by April this had dropped to 113,000 views and grossed just $54, that's sad :( 



Funny Cat Youtube Earnings
I don't know why this is, but it's been on a gradual decline since last year, maybe they all just run out of steam eventually.
The strange thing is that although the views were down around 30%, earnings were down a whole lot more than that.



 

What happened in April?



  • Over Lay Videos - Last month I explained that I had chosen a video to overlay over all 200 of my videos in the last 10 seconds of play.


I chose one of my best youtube videos, donkey, as it has a good CPC (cost per click) strange that donkey birthday is worth more than simply happy birthday! 

 I overlayed donkey video in mid March, views didn't shoot up straight away, but it's been more of a snow ball effect as you can see from the statistics to the left. I'm going to let it run for another month and then replace it with something else and see what happened to the statistics, will they drop to previous levels, or will they stay elevated?


What worked in April?

  • Grumpy Cat worked well for me in April. Despite only being uploaded in March, it was my top paying video for April, making $97.

  • April was free content month. By looking back in my archives to find how I could make free content with what I already had, I managed to upload 12 new videos without spending a penny on voice overs or animations. Here's the best performing upload from April, Funny Monkey Card!

  What's Happening Next Month?

  • I'm going to run a little test, taking quite a popular video, I've added closed cations to it and will monitor what effect that has on the viewings and income.
  • I have discovered through analytics that around 50,000 monthly views come from a site called 123greetings. They have taken a couple of my videos and added them to their own site, which has generated a fair bit for me. I can not add YouTube videos to the site my self, but I can start a studio profile with my best youtube videos to help promote my channel, more about that next time.
If you have any suggestions, views or comments, please leave them below, it's lovely to hear from you...
  

No comments:

Post a Comment